In this payroll certification program you will learn the payroll process with payroll terminology defining the daily workload of the beginning payroll practitioner. This program provides a thorough overview of the laws and regulations that affect payroll. Practical experience is also gained through "hands-on" computer-based exercises that allow each participant to work through actual payroll forms and payroll calculations. Issues such as how the payroll function impacts the accounting, benefits, and human resources departments are discussed, as well as the more complicated legal issues like benefits taxation, third-party sick pay reporting, and involuntary deductions.
· Learn about payroll.
· Payroll calculations.
· Payroll compliance.
· Calculate gross pay and deductions from pay
· Calculate tax withholding
· Determine what employer-provided benefits are taxable or subject to reporting
· Taxability and reporting of employee benefits
· Federal taxation and withholdings
· FLSA "white collar" exemption rules
· How to prepare Forms W-2c and 941c and their impact on other filings
· Impact of benefit plans on the payroll process